Digital, Press and Communications
Thomas Dane Gallery is seeking a Digital, Press and Communications officer to join its operations in London. The successful candidate will show initiative and be exceptionally well organised, able to manage priorities as well as assisting with the general smooth running of the gallery. Excellent inter personal skills, strong verbal and written communication and keen attention to detail will be paramount to this role.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Schedule timeline of communications for each gallery exhibition, coordinating mail-outs and advertising to suit.
- Organise mailouts for gallery exhibition announcements, reminders, non-gallery exhibitions and newsletters.
- Organise, research and develop the gallery’s listing presence on Gallery Now, Artforum and other websites and publications.
Website and Online
- Developing with Artist liaisons online exhibitions to accompany in gallery exhibitions.
- Managing the gallery social media accounts (Instagram and Twitter) and online presence.
- Oversee website content with regards updating the news and exhibitions section.
- Writing exhibition previews, and press releases when required
- Keeping artists biographies up to date (CVs and bibliographies are covered elsewhere).
- Liaising with PR company on coordinated outreach; sending them background information, images, press releases; coordinating interviews and liaising with journalists, artists and studios.
- Dealing with press requests and image releases relating to press.
- Sending weekly updates to gallery staff of recent and forthcoming press.
- Coordinating press clippings for the press archive and keeping calendar up to date with Archivist, Gallery Assistant and Gallery Interns.
- Keeping gallery database of press contacts up to date.
- Organising any advertising for the gallery in accordance with Partners and Directors.
- Liaising with designer.
- Researching best placements for advertising.
- Coordinating filming of exhibitions and artworks as required.
- Coordinating artist portrait photography as required
Any other responsibilities decided on by the Gallery Partners, Senior Director and Director pertaining to the effective execution of this role.
Position: Full Time
Term: 12-month contract with a view to extending thereafter
Hours: 10am – 6pm Monday – Friday; at least one additional Saturday every 8 weeks plus flexibility during installation and art fairs; 25 days holiday per annum
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Deadline:31st August 2022
Applicants to send CV and a single-side cover letter as pdfs to email@example.com