Digital, Press and Communications
Thomas Dane Gallery is seeking a Digital, Press and Communications officer to join its operations in London. The successful candidate will show initiative and be exceptionally well organised, able to manage priorities as well as assisting with the general smooth running of the gallery. Excellent inter personal skills, strong verbal and written communication and keen attention to detail will be paramount to this role.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Schedule timeline of communications for each exhibition, coordinating mail-outs and advertising.
- Organise mailouts for gallery exhibition announcements, reminders, non-gallery exhibitions and newsletters.
- Organise the gallery’s listing on Gallery Now, Artforum and other websites.
Website and Online
- Developing with Artist liaisons online exhibitions to accompany in gallery exhibitions
- Managing social media (Instagram and Twitter accounts).
- Oversee website content, updating news and exhibitions section.
- Writing exhibition previews, and press releases when required
- Liaising with PR company, sending them background information, images, press releases.
- Dealing with press requests and image releases relating to press
- Sending weekly updates to gallery staff of recent and forthcoming press.
- Coordinating press alerts, press clippings, updating biographies and calendar with Archivist, Gallery Assistant and Gallery Intern.
- Organising any advertising for the gallery in accordance with Partners and Directors.
- Coordinating photography and filming of exhibitions and artworks as required.
Any other responsibilities decided on by the Gallery Partners, Senior Director and Director pertaining to the effective execution of this role.
Position: Full Time
Term: 12-month contract with a view to extending thereafter
Hours: 10am – 6pm Monday – Friday; at least one additional Saturday per month plus flexibility during installation and art fairs; 25 days holiday per annum
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Deadline: End of day, Tuesday 23 March 2021
Applicants to send CV and a single-side cover letter as pdfs to email@example.com
To assist the gallery with its equality and diversity monitoring, we would also request that applicants complete and return the equality and diversity monitoring form (though please note that this is voluntary). Applicants can download the the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form here.